1. Special Note for Parents and Legal Guardians.
It is ASIFA-Hollywood's intention to adhere to the requirements of the Childrens' Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA") and the Childrens' Advertising Review Unit ("CARU") guidelines in its website. Children are not the primary focus of ASIFA-Hollywood, but since ASIFA-Hollywood deals with animation, we are aware that children may visit our website, and therefore we choose to adhere to the programs described above.
- ASIFA-Hollywood generally does not collect any personally identifiable information from children aged 13 and under, except for email addresses which are used one time only and then are deleted.
- This website is operated by ASIFA-Hollywood, Inc., a California non-profit corporation with offices at 2114 Burbank Boulevard, Burbank, California 91506-1232, telephone (818) 842-8330.
- The only personally identifiable information which may be collected by ASIFA-Hollywood from a child aged 13 and under from this website would be in a membership application, which would seek the name, address and telephone number and email address.
- If your child under the age of 13 wishes to join ASIFA-Hollywood as an associate member, you have the option to agree to ASIFA-Hollywood collecting his or her name, address, telephone number and email address, but not permit the disclosure of any of this information to third parties. You may elect this option by calling option by calling ASIFA-Hollywood at (818) 842-8330 and leaving a message for Mr. William Turner and leaving a name and a number at which Mr. Turner can return your call.
- You may review the child's personal information, ask to have it deleted, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of the child's information. You may elect this option by calling option by calling ASIFA-Hollywood at (818) 842-8330 and leaving a message for Mr. William Turner and leaving a name and a number at which Mr. Turner can return your call.
2. Does ASIFA-Hollywood Collect Any Personally Identifiable Information?
Except when you join ASIFA-Hollywood, or when, as a professional member, you are applying for voting certification for the ANNIES™ in a particular category, we do not collect member's personally identifiable information. In connection with membership, the information collected includes names, and addresses and telephone numbers. This data is shared with the studios and production companies solely for the purpose of enabling the studios and production companies to send DVD's for screening to our members for the studios and/or production companies' shows. When a member applies to be a voter in an ANNIE™ category, the information submitted will generally involve the member's professional experience, credits and other data submitted in the discretion of the applying member in support of the applicant's expertise. Such information is shared only with ASIFA-Hollywood Board of Directors. Otherwise ASIFA-Hollywood does not collect personal identifiable information.
Credit card transactions are not handled by ASIFA-Hollywood. ASIFA-Hollywood refers them to Paypal, and we do not have access to the credit card information received by Paypal.
3. What Do We Do With the Information?
Our primary use of the information that we do collect is to fulfill your request(s) for information.
We also use the information that we collect to communicate with you.
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site. We may also use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage.
We will disclose information when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request.
Agents and contractors of ASIFA-Hollywood who have access to personally identifiable information are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice, by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than a purpose approved in this notice.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect we never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice. Inadvertent disclosures may result, for example, when third parties misrepresent their identities in asking this site for access for personally identifiable information about themselves for purposes of correcting possible factual errors in the data. Studios and production companies who rightfully obtain personal information about members in order to send screening information and/or materials could misuse the information.
We use only session I.D. cookies. We use these session I.D. cookies for log-in information only, and they expire after each session.
Cookies are text files we place in your computer's browser to store your data. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information unless you chose to provide this information to us by, for example, joining ASIFA-Hollywood.
5. Our Commitment to Security.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect on line.
6. How to Contact Us.
Note, pursuant to California law, California residents have a right to receive once per year information concerning the third parties with whom ASIFA-Hollywood has shared any information.